BED BUG DETECTION
Our bed bug sniffing dogs are trained to the same exacting standards as canines used in law enforcement, medicine, health and public safety.
Unlike a human inspection, which can take several hours and require moving furniture, a bed bug sniffing canine can cover a typical room in less than three minutes. For canine bed bug detection nothing needs to be moved and there are no special preparation requirements.
A professionally trained sniffing dog displays a 95% or higher accuracy rate in bed bug detection at any stage of development, from egg to adult. These amazing animals can sniff out specific compounds that identify bed bugs at air concentrations of less than 1 ppb (part per billion) and can detect its target even when high levels of extraneous odors are present.
As one research report on the subject concluded, “There is no mechanical device that is as accurate, mobile, flexible and durable as a well-trained dog/handler team.”
Proactive Canine Bed Bug Detection
Regular sweeps for bed bugs by trained and certified bed bug canine teams will greatly decrease the risk of population and ensure that the infestation will be found early. Pro-active inspections exhibit your due diligence in protecting your property from bed bugs infestations and if needed you will have paperwork to avoid negative publicity and litigation.
Cost Effective Canine Bed Bug Detection
Traditional bed bug detection methods are time consuming and inaccurate.
Canine bed bug detection provides more accurate results which leads to lower remediation costs. Often people discard furniture and belongings for fear that they are harboring bed bugs without truly knowing where the bugs are hiding.
Sniffing Dogs: Cutting edge technology
Canines have been used successfully for years as drug dogs, bomb dogs and arson dogs. Now man’s best friend is the latest weapon in the war against bed bugs. Certified bed bug dogs generate quicker and more accurate results. Dogs are extremely good at discriminating a target vapor, from non-target vapors that are present, even at relatively high concentrations on non-target odors. A dog´s nose can scent particles in parts per billion, that’s a million times more sensitive than a human!
Peace of mind
Research supports that if a dog alerts there is a high statistical probability that bed bugs are present. The accuracy of a human is approximately 60%, that leaves a 40% chance that a ‘clean room’ is actually infested. If the dog does not alert you can know with greater certainty that you are bedbug-free. A canine is the most accurate method for bed bug detection available today.